Happy accidents are the best.
I was smoothing out the lines in the secondaries/primaries so I could redraw and sculpt fewer of them. As I was doing this I noticed that I was giving them the soft, feathery look they needed. My teacher was in the room at the time and he said that it looked good. The edges are very, very subtle. You may not even see some of them in these pictures, but they are there. They stand out a lot more when you look at it in person.
I did redo the coverts. All it took was adding one more "feather" to get the right look. That's it. I'm getting to the point now where the smallest changes have a huge impact on how the sculpture looks. I also like the look of the 4:7 covert to secondary/primary feather ratio. I think it might have to do with that ratio being really close to the golden ratio, but that's a completely different discussion for another day.
Anyway, the wings aren't completely perfect. I'll go in tomorrow and see something wrong with them. I'll be messing with them until the day I have to let it dry out.
I'm thinking about softening up the eyes a little and possibly try to define more definite bone structure, because right now it seems like the eyes are cut straight out of the head. Like there's no underlying structure. While this looks fine in this case, I still want to play around with the idea. It might seem like I'm being too picky, but I need to be. This might be my last sculpture for a very long time and I want to make it the best I can.