I ALMOST carved too deep.
After I carved out both pupils, I went back and poked at them with my finger to test how thick the clay was. The right eye was fine (her right, your left) but the left one caved in a little, so I had to do the one thing I didn't want to do. I had to cut a hole in her head so I could add clay to the inside at the weak spot.
The last three pictures were taken after I fixed the eye and repaired the access hole. You can hardly even tell I cut a hole in her noggin. I also did some more work on the nose. I added a little bit of clay to the front to round it out some. It was still too geometric for my tastes. I even started to define the mouth some.
Now that I've got the pupils about where I want them, I can start worrying about the horn. From the looks of these photos, it seems I need to reshape the eyes a little. One looks different from the other. Everything will come together eventually.